What order should I put down Grub Ex, weed & feed and grass seed?
Question by Justin: What order should I put down Grub Ex, weed & feed and grass seed?
I have a mole problem in my backyard that I need to take care of, and I also need to fill in bare spots and get rid of weeds. I have a bag of Grub Ex, weed & feed and grass seed. What order should I put these down in? Also, how long should I wait between applications?
Answer by sciencegravy
A mole’s diet is 90% earthworms. Killing grubs will not fix a mole problem.
If you’re seeding, don’t use weed & feed until you’ve mowed 2-3 times. The herbicide in weed & feed may say it kills broadleaf weeds, and NOT grass…but that means established grass. infant grass seedlings may be damaged by it. Use a new lawn starter, or winterizer as fertilizer with the new grass seed, and skip the “weed” part for now.
Grub ex and weed & feed can be used at the same time – they don’t interfere with each other. But I’ll repeat – if you have mole problem, that does NOT mean you have a grub problem, and killing grubs doesn’t mean your moles go away.
What do you think? Answer below!
Question by 2K: Where would I buy grass seed or sod in NYC, which would be better?Is It too late?
I recently rented a ground floor apt with a private back yard in Manhattan,Of course it’s surrounded by a wall, its shaded but adequete sun, I benefit from the trees next door , the outer edges have planters built and plants that already exist are growing nice. there is a walkway all around the yard and in the center there is a nice large big square of dirt(it would take a couple of pallets ofsod I would imagine, (the area was covered with wood chips last year by previous tenent.) I long to have this all covered with grass, I have a small apt and a yard 4 times its size.I have no idea how to go about this, timing , conditions , care etc.the space is way too beautiful not to create some type of habitat. preferably one where I can walk outside barefoot in the damp morning grass and “ground ” myself , I can t afford to hire gardeners or landscapers, it’s a DIY project. Any advice?
also where do I find this in nyc?
Answer by xtowgrunt
You’re better off with sod this time of year. It’s a bit more labor intensive at hte onset than seeding, but provides a more instant gratification.
Add your own answer in the comments!
Incoming search terms:
- grubex when to put down
- grubex and fertilizer
- can i apply grubex and fertilizer at the same time
- weed and feed grubs
- is there a conflict with putting down moss control and lawn feed and weed
- Is it okay to put feed and seed down wet
- lime with grubex
- Mole grass weed and feed
- is it ok to use grubx with lawn seed
- insect repellent lime and turf builder what would you put down first
- how to place weed and feed and grub mix on a lawn
- new grass seed and fertilzer can you put grub control down
- grub control when
- how soon can i put down grass seed after grub ex
- how soon after using grub control can i fertilize my yard
- grub ex and new seed
- grub exnd fertilizer
- grub killer or weed and feed first
- grub weed and feed
- how soon adrer you seed can you put down fertilizer
- how long after grub ex can i
- how long do you have to wait to seed after Grub x
- how long to wait between weed & feed and seeding
- new seed and grub killer
- put down grub control for your lawn
- put grubex or lime down frist
- when can fertilizer be put down after grub ex
- When can you seed after applying weed and feed
- when do i put first fertilizer treatment on
- when do you apply grass seed fertilizer and grubex
- when do you spread grub ex
- when should i use grub ex on grass
- when to put down fertilizer and grubx
- when to spread grubex after weed and feed
- which do i do first areate of put down grub control
- what should you put on first grubex or scotts step on
- what order to put down grub killer crab grass killer weed and feed and seeds
- scotts step one and grubex application
- seed before or after grub treatment
- should fertilizer or grub killer first
- should i apply lime before scott s grub ex
- should you apply grub control and fertilizer together
- shourld you put down fertilizer and weed killer at the same time as seed?
- the timeframe to wait between weed and feed and putting lime on your lawn
- weed and feed and moles
- what goes on lawn first gub ex or scotts lawn care
- after put seed down can you fertilzer
- Can I put down grubex and fertilizer
- can i put down grubex with fertilizer
- How long after one places weed and feed on the lawn can you plant grass seed. Any suggestions on how to websit?
- I put weed and feed down instead of starter fertilizer, how long until i can reseed?
- Will Scotts plus 2 fertilizer with the post emergent herbicide harm grass seed?
- How long after using a fertilizer with moss out can I apply a weed and feed fertilizer?
- Does any one know any kinda grass seed that would take care of dog pee spots that wouldnt be to harmfull 2 dog