How do I keep frogs out of my patio garden containers?
Question by : How do I keep frogs out of my patio garden containers?
I decided to put in a patio garden this year using 5 gallon red wood barrels. The frogs are digging into the soil and are killing the roots of my plants. I don’t want to kill them because they help with the fly and mosquito population, but I also want my garden to produce.
I just found out the frogs are really “toads.” I never knew the difference before. Either way, they are still a problem in my patio garden.
Answer by hotlexus56
First are you sure that they are frogs and not toads? I have never heard of frogs digging holes, but have heard of toads doing it to get at grubs and worms. Anyway you can use thin sheet metal to create a guard around the pots by cutting and bending it to fit the pots, then just use small self drilling screws to fasten the sheet metal to the pots, just be careful and use a file to remove the sharp edges on the sheet metal after you cut it.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Question by pool182: What is best for my back garden a chimenea or a patio heater what gives the most warmth?
Have a north facing garden and can be quite coldat times looking to buy an outdoor heater cant decide on a chimenea or a patio heater? How long does the gas last in these patio heaters?
Answer by serendpity069
have you thought about a fire pit?
What do you think? Answer below!
Incoming search terms:
- how to keep frogs out of flower pots
- discouraging patio frogs
- keeping frogs off patios
- keep toads out of plant pots
- i have frogs on my patio how do i kiill them
- How to rid frogs in containers
- how to keep toads out of planters
- how to keep toads away from plants
- how to keep frogs out of potted plants
- HOW TO KEEP FROGS OUT OF FLOWERS
- how to keep cuban frogs out of potted plants
- how can I keep toads off my garden?
- toad living in my flower pot